Help Save Pets is a 501 C3 nonprofit, no kill, privately operated and funded humane society.
We are a unique humane organization, totally staffed by volunteers, using donated space to house and shelter our animals. Because of this arrangement, 90% of our operating funds are exclusively used for the medical care of our animals. Adoption donations provide 75% of our income and we look to generous people in the community who want to help rescue homeless cats and dogs to raise the other 25%.
To view a summary of our Financials and Statistics, click here.
Listed below are some ways you can help. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
We appreciate any support you can provide.
General Monetary Donations
General donations are used mostly for medical care for our animals, although are also needed for general operating expenses.
Medical Fund Monetary Donations Donate Now
Donations to the Lifesaver Medical Fund will be used for life saving medical care for those requiring care outside the routine medical care our animals receive.
Specific Monetary Donations Donate Now
Donations as identified below are gratefully accepted and should contain the information needed to specifically acknowledge the purpose of the gift.
- Gifts in memory of a deceased family member, friend or pet.
- Gifts in honor of your living family members, friends or pets.
All financial donations can be made on line using the links above, or checks can be mailed to:
Help Save Pets
24020 W Riverwalk Ct
Plainfield, IL 60544
Cash donations can be dropped off at any of our partner veterinary clinics.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Consider identifying us for corporate matching gifts with your company. We may be listed under Humane Society of Plainfield/Help Save Pets or HSP in Plainfield or Minooka. Our former addresses (500 Bob Blair Dr in Minooka or 1347 N Division St in Plainfield) may still be on the listing, in which case mail will be forwarded to our new address in Plainfield.
Gifts of supplies
- HP Inkjet cartridges #950 and #951
- Postage stamps
- 8 ½ X 11 printer paper
- Cat litter
- Dry and canned cat food
- Dry kitten food
- Dry and canned dog food
- Dry puppy food
- Puppy and kitten formula
- Gift cards (Target/WalMart/Petco etc. )to use for office supplies or pet food
Supply donations or gifts can be dropped off at any of our partner veterinary clinics.
Gifts of needed items, new or gently used
- Towels and blankets (no king size or comforters please)
- Leashes and collars
- Stainless steel bowls
- Dog crates and cat carriers
- New or gently used pet supplies or accessories that could be sold from our resale table.
Item donations can be dropped off at any of our partner veterinary clinics.
***Donated items or supplies that we cannot use directly for our animals may be sold on our resale table with the proceeds used for the medical care of the animals.
Tax Deductible Gifts
HSP is listed with the IRS as a 501 C3 nonprofit organization. Gifts to HSP are deductible for income tax purposes under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. Upon receipt of your gift, HSP will mail an acknowledgement for donations of amounts $20.00 and over. An acknowledgement of non cash item donations will be provided upon request with an estimated value of the donation. Name and address information is needed to mail the acknowledgement.
Memorial donations will be acknowledged to the giver and the family of the deceased if accompanied by contact information for the family.